Tuesday 15 May 2007

My Reflections on Monday

I really enjoyed the whole day yesterday. There were some interesting conversations going on, and it was one conference that I really felt that I could contribute to as a student and my opinions were really valued. I enjoyed the break out discussions in the afternoon where we discussed the keynote speech, I was in the group which related to transitions as this is an area which interests me, and I liked discussing certain issues within the group.

The only slightly worrying thing about the day was a comment which was brought up by some members of staff when we were looking at issues surrounding assessment and feedback. The comment was that 'all the issues were exactly the same as ten years ago'.....it made me think about how the TALI team are actually going to make a big difference in a few years when nothing really seems to have changed in the past ten years...I think this is going to be a major challenge.

No comments: